Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Renovation Marantz CD6000 player
Renovation Marantz CD6000 player
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th July 2019, 08:37 AM   #1
jiaming audio is offline jiaming audio  China
diyAudio Member

Smile Renovation Marantz CD6000 player

Ten years ago,I buy earphone in a shop, shop test earphone use maranta CD player:CD6000.After I listening,I felt the sound of CD6000 was very bests and I decide to by a CD6000 at once.but boss tell me that CD6000 has halt production,late I buy a second hand CD6000 online shop.because my work was very busy that time ,I didnít test the CD6000,after eight years, now I use the CD player, I feel the CD has already aged,I decide to renovation CD6000 by change electric capacity, then capacity of CD6000 is all of ELNA and some of them is ELNA SILMIC,i have used lot of ELNA SILMIC II many years ago ,it show very warm sound like electronic tube.I buy all new ELNA capacity of CD6000 now, next times I will change capacity of CD6000
Old 14th July 2019, 08:48 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 14th July 2019, 08:51 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Old 14th July 2019, 09:39 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

The RCA socket of CD6000 was oxidized,I drill three hole on back of CD,and install gold-plated RCA socket, it was looked very beautiful
Old 14th July 2019, 12:29 PM   #5
StewartH83 is offline StewartH83  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to StewartH83
I have just recently recapped my Cd6000 OSE with great results.

I highly recommend Panasonic FR caps in the power supply, increasing large 1000uF Elna for Audio caps to 2200uF. Replace original Silmics with Silmics 2 plus two caps near the crystal and the one near the headphone jack if you use it.

Don't forget the three caps on the transport board

Bitumen dampening on the chassis gives good results.

Be so careful with soldering as the boards are easy damaged
Old 16th July 2019, 01:12 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thank for your recommended, I hope restore original sounds of CD6000,so i use ELNA caps to replace all caps of CD6000, I have replaced tow 470uF/35V(SILMIC 2 Super Gold) caps in power supply, the sound is improved a lot, but after other big caps were replay,then sound became blurred,so I am buy Philips caps online store.
I am Chinese ,my English is poverty,I hope to be understand of reader!

Old 20th July 2019, 09:50 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I have finished changing all caps of CD6000,less then 1000uF caps, I used ELNA SILMIC 2 , and changing went well, but three caps:4700uF,3300uF,1000uF in the power supply,i first used ELNA,the results were not fine, then i use Nippon audio caps,the results are very fine, now i have run CD6000 for 30 hours, but the sound effect is changing when CD6000 is playing,it seem that need more running time to stabillze the sound effect,may be need 100 hours, after stabillze ,I will describing the sound effect of changed caps, the below photos are changed all caps of CD6000

Old 20th July 2019, 02:36 PM   #8
StewartH83 is offline StewartH83  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to StewartH83
The Silmics do seem to need a lot of burn-in time. The bass is extreme and treble can be harsh for a bit of time. After 40 hours I found those settle and a nice smooth midrange over time
Old 21st July 2019, 07:09 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

After 50 hours I found the sound has also began stable, during burn-in time,I bore holes,install three gold-plated RCA socket and a power point,and spray paint rear board of CD6000,now I have completed renovating CD6000.

Old 21st July 2019, 07:44 AM   #10
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartH83 View Post
Bitumen dampening on the chassis gives good results.

I agree, this made a big improvement, also blue tack on transport drawer and top. I used another transformer and regs for the opamps and dac. This was a great player, wish I kept it. I replaced it with an Audiolab CD8200CDQ, which was a disappointment.

Renovation Marantz CD6000 playerHide this!Advertise here!