Improving the SQ of a cheap DVD/cd player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi peeps, I have here a very cheap and nasty but surprisingly well made (for the price) dvd player here, quite new Ctech brand.

under the hood Ive found it has a Zoran main CPU/LSI / whatever its common name is. and DA conversion is by a 6 channel Burr Brown PCM1606E

now according to the datasheet, this converter looks quite good, good THD levels good s/n levels. only problem is the plaer as a whole dosnt quote paricually inspiring values for THD S/N.

Below is a picture o the audio side of things,
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

so question is , . could i significantly improve the SQ by using better opamps there in the picture ( the ones used have no brand name at all , total budgo) , and better caps?

any other recomendations?

Also am i right in assuming anything before the DA converter cannot be improved being digital, and also being digital should be flawless anyhow from a SQ point of veiw?

cheers

Jimmy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.