Listening tests of TDA1541A vs S1 vs S2

Hi,

Jean-Paul, the Taiwan chips were not R1, they were standard A HSH9804 11266 with no additional markings (no R1, S1, S2).
I saw that you have been selling these - do you still have any you could sell maybe? ;)
The Dutch chip died. Suddenly there was a lot of "DRRRRRRRRRR" in the headphones and I quickly unplugged everything, but since then the chip produces no sound, just gets very hot in seconds. RIP. :(

SY, I know that blind test should be done, but I don't trust anyone with swapping my TDAs. Even I get all nervous and sweaty like I was dissasembling a live nuclear bomb when I swap the S2 chip.
I would need 2 identical DACs with a switch between them - that would work best to make A-B-A-B-A-B... comparison.

Ludwig Haus, yes, I agree. The difference between an ordinary A and S2 is big enough to be immediately audible. As soon as the singer opens his/her mouth there is a "wau!" effect. :)

I just don't dare use the S2 while my DAC is not finished and well tested. I'm still not sure what killed the Dutch chip - maybe I damaged it when I desoldered it from an old B&O pcb.