Upgrade YBA Passion 1000 CDP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The leads of your opamp decoupling caps are way to long. rather get SMD caps and solder them as close to the pins as possible.

The big problem with the components I want to replace and the extra caps that I have connected directly to the opamps is the lack of space. Even now I have doubts if it is possible to install the audio note without having to use some type of extension cable since its size is greater than that of the original caps.

Hi Toni
Have tried many caps but so far not the kasei. Do wonder how they sound & if it's worth the price. Use to play with of BGs but as my listening taste evolves, I find that you can only use a sprinkle of BG cause they aren't that transparent & highs that really that good. Having said that, they do have that something that other caps will never have.

Cheers

Well, finaly i have the upgrade

Attachments

• 1D0C4530-D014-40BB-A04C-02E4AC5D24B7.jpg
    1D0C4530-D014-40BB-A04C-02E4AC5D24B7.jpg
    846 KB · Views: 70
  • DF6DFDA6-021B-4CA8-869A-3319D82654C0.jpg
    DF6DFDA6-021B-4CA8-869A-3319D82654C0.jpg
    971.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 24C1EE07-9A9D-4D3F-9EF7-125C0AA69115.jpg
    24C1EE07-9A9D-4D3F-9EF7-125C0AA69115.jpg
    933.5 KB · Views: 63
So is it worth the investment Tony ?
Great job btw. It's always nerve wrecking on our first couple of diys.

Cheers

Well, I had previously installed the two Burson opamps. Then I connected two Jupiter caps directly to the caps. Now the important change has been to replace the 4 electrolytic caps factory with the audionote. With one more pair of jupiter caps, all the caps associated with the opamps have been replaced (8 in total). With the audionote the sound has softened and the mid is more present and fluid than the high frequencies. I have not won in detail and extension in the high zone but I have won in musicality. The whole upgrade as a whole makes the sound of the YBA more like the original. It is a finer, more detailed and musical sound than the original. By the way, the work has been done by a professional friend. Some welding points were quite complicated for my experience.

BR

After several days listening to the CD, I am very happy with the results. I am surprised at the influence of these components on the final result of the sound. In this situation, I would like to receive suggestions from other components that could be replaced to improve the sound. As with the opamps, I have seen regulator upgrades. Any suggestions for improvement seeing the photos of the printed circuit? Can there be other candidate caps to be replaced?

If your happy with the sound you should leave it as is Toni.
Too much mucking around might turn the sound around.
An up graded clock for the cd drive should be a better move for now.
There's a guy from Dubai whose selling ultra low noise drop replacement 78xxx/79xxx regulators. You can have a look.

Cheers

If your happy with the sound you should leave it as is Toni.
Too much mucking around might turn the sound around.
An up graded clock for the cd drive should be a better move for now.
There's a guy from Dubai whose selling ultra low noise drop replacement 78xxx/79xxx regulators. You can have a look.

Cheers

Thanks for your opinions. The idea of improving the CD clock is interesting. I attached some photos of the digital block and pointed to the clock on my CD with a circle. I don't have technical knowledge to make a clock change but I do have a reliable technician who can do it. Is it a complicated operation? In Parts Connexion I have seen that they have watch kits.(NewClassD Digital Clocks)
How can I know which one is right for my cd player? Any other alternative?

PS I don't know if I can quote commercial pages. If not, I apologize to the administrators.

BR
Toni
DAC CLOCK.jpg

DAC 2.jpg

DAC 3.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.