Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Trying to find a spdif to COB solution
Trying to find a spdif to COB solution
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2019, 05:17 PM   #1
Tjj226 is offline Tjj226
diyAudio Member

Default Trying to find a spdif to COB solution

Hello everyone.

I am considering building my own discrete r2r dac and I need something to convert spdif directly to a COB format.

My two sources of inspiration are Sonic Illusions and Audiophile DIYer

Discrete DAC

Discrete R2R DAC (part 1) - Audiophile Diyer

Sonic illusions is using a PMD100 digital filter that takes the incoming I2S stream and converts it to COB, however the PMD100 is also acting as a digital filter and I am trying to make this dac without any filters or oversampling. I wouldn't even mind using a digital filter chip so long as I have the choice to turn the filter on and off.

Because sonic illusions already had his incoming signal in a COB format, he was able to go straight from the parallel shift registers to the r2r ladder.

Audiophile DIYer had to flip a bit after his serial to parallel shift registers which necessitated the Dlatch buffer.

I am trying to find an elegant way to go directly from spdif to COB without any need for a digital filter or a Dlatch stage.

Does anyone know of a solution that might work?

Trying to find a spdif to COB solutionHide this!Advertise here!