Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Maybe go for Sony PS1 to avoid mechanical issues?
Maybe go for Sony PS1 to avoid mechanical issues?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2019, 07:00 PM   #11
AC439 is offline AC439  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks ya'll for all the ideas. $400-500 for me is not possible since I have an anti-HiFi wife.

So I'm back to fixing the CD changer. After finding a video on youtube about common Sony 5 disc CD changer problems, I was able to revive my broken Sony. It was that ribbon cable between the 5 disc tray and the main board.

I was able to repair the cable since it broke right at the connection. I cut at the break line and moved the backing plastic piece over and scratched off enough insulation to make new contacts. After I installed it back, I tested the connection with a ohmmeter and all is well.

Maybe go for Sony PS1 to avoid mechanical issues?Hide this!Advertise here!