Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

NAD 541i belt dimensions?
NAD 541i belt dimensions?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2019, 01:32 PM   #1
Digeridoo is offline Digeridoo  United States
diyAudio Member

Default NAD 541i belt dimensions?

Hi - I知 looking for the drawer transport drive belt dimensions for an NAD 541i. I知 asking instead of simply measuring the belt since I知 not currently having a transport drawer drive belt issue, and would like to avoid dismantling the unit simply to measure the belt. Im asking since I知 in the process of ordering a replacement belt for a c521 , and While i知 at it I壇 also like to order up a spare belt for the c541i to have on hand. I致e already searched the web and the forum. I致e identified the part #, but purchasing and OEM is seriously expensive, and I know that I can use an appropriately sized o ring or generic sbs belt. Thanks!
Old 11th April 2019, 11:42 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Anyone? Maybe I wasn’t being clear :-)
Old 12th April 2019, 12:51 AM   #3
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digeridoo View Post
I’d also like to order up a spare belt for the c541i to have on hand. I’ve already searched
the web and the forum. I’ve identified the part #, but purchasing and OEM is seriously
expensive, and I know that I can use an appropriately sized o ring or generic sbs belt.
Read this: NAD C541 Tray Won't Open | Audiogon Discussion Forum
"I just fixed one of these.
Made in China in 2000. Rubber belt dried up.
Went to Ace hardware and got o-ring #29 in plumber's section
My NAD works like new again. "
Old 13th April 2019, 10:58 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Yes - I had previously found and read that thread before posting. However, the most specific the thread gets is 殿ce hardware #29. The Ace website lists no such thing. I致e also searched for what make / model of transport that NAD used for the 541i, thinking that if I could ID that I could have alternative search paths.
Thanks, JF
Old 13th April 2019, 11:20 PM   #5
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I had previously found and read that thread before posting. However,
the most specific the thread gets is “ace hardware #29”.
I think you have to go into an Ace store and look at the display.
The #29 is a certain vendor's part number, not Ace's.
Old 15th April 2019, 04:50 PM   #6
einzelherz is offline einzelherz  United States
diyAudio Member

#29 is a standard o-ring size. Ace stores tend to have different stock, and afaik their website is mostly useless since they're franchise stores. You might be able to find it at Home Depot or Lowe's even.
Old 18th May 2019, 05:23 PM   #7
giblets is offline giblets  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes - I had previously found and read that thread before posting. However, the most specific the thread gets is 殿ce hardware #29. The Ace website lists no such thing. I致e also searched for what make / model of transport that NAD used for the 541i, thinking that if I could ID that I could have alternative search paths.

Thanks, JF

Did you find the dimensions in the end?!! Am looking at a cheapish Nad 541 and needs a new belt, I can measure that one (suspect the boil for a few seconds method should be ok in the first instance!

NAD 541i belt dimensions?Hide this!Advertise here!