DAB+ usb stick, works on android via USB host, but not with usb hub in between

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am building custom car stereo for third gen camaro... I am using android tablet (Lenovo Tab 3) for user interface...
I am using DAB+ usb stick for radio (DAB+ Digital Radio Receiver Tuner USB Stick for Android Car DVD Stereo Players | eBay)

It works good connected directly to tablet via usb host, but when I connect usb hub between the host and the DAB+ it does not get any signal, it wont find any radio stations, but it does recognize the DAB+ device.

First I tried with some "Citroen sponsored" usb hub that I got for free (I work at Citroen dealership) and it didn`t work. Then I bought this: 4in1 Male to Female Micro USB 2.0 Power Charging Host OTG Hub Adapter EXP | eBay

But it wont work with this one either...

Do anyone know what could be the problem? Is the hub blocking something, do I need better hub, could it be the power issue and I should try connecting 5v directly to DAB+ stick?

Thank you for help

Hello, diy1955
I don't know the exact reason - it may be a weird otg implementation, or some problems with passive usb hubs, but I had this issue in the past with single board computers (paspbery pi etc.) and the solution in my case was to use a decent _powered_ usb hub (trendnet, dlink, belkin etc.).

It's not 100% guaranteed to solve any problem, but worth a try.

Hello, diy1955
I don't know the exact reason - it may be a weird otg implementation, or some problems with passive usb hubs, but I had this issue in the past with single board computers (paspbery pi etc.) and the solution in my case was to use a decent _powered_ usb hub (trendnet, dlink, belkin etc.).

It's not 100% guaranteed to solve any problem, but worth a try.
Hello,
Thank you for anwser.
I will try better usb hub and hope it will work :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.