Pioneer PD-F100 Rack Lights Flash - Help Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Pioneer PD-F100 CD Changer. I have CD's in the racks, but I cannot get the mechanism to move to the CD and even attempt to load it.

It has been many years since I used it, and don't remember anything about the normal operation.

The Rack lights always flash (if changer is on or off). Also the disk number (+/-) buttons and lights stay on even when unit is off.

If I move the mechanism to the right with the unit unplugged, it will move to the left rest position when plugged in / turned on.

I have a video with a CD placed in slot 7, and you can see the mechanism move to the right a little bit (that's as far as I can get it to move right when played with all the buttons).

Any help on any of it?

Attachments

• vlc-record-2019-03-14-12h27m45s-20190314_113438.mp4-.mp4
    6.6 MB
These were a nightmare to repair when I worked for a Pioneer ASC.

I suspect this is going to be unrepairable as if I remember correctly, all the Plastic pieces which cradle the Disc as it is loaded into the mechanism needed to be replaced as a matter of course when anything loading related went wrong. And these will not be available any longer.

My advice, carefully disassemble, remove any of your trapped discs, put the player in a box and into a skip and get yourself a Single Disc player !!

Sorry to be so negative and flippant, but seriously, i doubt the necessary parts will be available. They used to become deformed and catch in the mech.

100E Service Manual here....
Pioneer PD-F100 - Manual - File Type Compact Disc Player - HiFi Engine

You could try to follow the alignment procedures and be lucky enough for it to work, but I suspect it won't for long.

P.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.