Quad 99 CD - Won't detect disk 80% of the time - Help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a Quad 99 CDS that appears to be built around 2004. There are a couple of issues that I suspect are separate but I'm seeking help as I'm a tube guy :)

1) This is the tough on for me. Around 80% of the time is says 'no disk'. Either the laser needs replacing (or maybe I can turn the creent up??) or, there's some sort of mechanical issue.

2) The CD tray won't retract by itself and needs a gentle pressure on it to get it going. I think the belt on the motor needs replacing so I've ordered a generic 25mm dia one off ebay. I also tried to re-grease the tray guides as it seems to be sticky in the initial part of the travel but I don't seem to have improved things.

Any suggestions from experienced people will be gratefully received!

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi,

Time for an update. I replaced the drawer belt and things have improved significantly however, somethings the draw sticks in the open position and most times the draw 'shudders' as is closes.

I think I need to lube something but not sure what I need to do. Help?

Kind regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.