Samsung BDP1200 Player -- Tray Doesn't Open

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all.

A decade ago I got this BD player (full retail, around USD600 I believe). After just a few months Samsung stopped upgrading the firmware and many newer BD discs wouldn't play.:(

But it worked extremely well as a DVD player (+++PQ) and as a CD player (sounds great, I believe).

I opened the optical drive to replace the belt (just that, did not do anything else) and now it doesn't work. Before the tray would open if I tapped the player, and with the cover removed, with just a light tap directly on the drive. Now it gets stuck showing "Loading" (or similar), with the motor running.

Have rechecked several times the optical unit in search of an obvious issue, but the mechanism seems straightforward, no mysteries.

Would like to keep it as a CD transport and as a backup player, specially after opening it. It has a huge power supply, that I want to believe makes it sound so great.

Many, many thanks in advance.

If the belt has the correct tension and the motor actually runs, then check for a dirty mechanism, gummed up lubrication, stripped gear or a faulty drawer eject switch.

Beyond that you would be in the tricky area of checking for elusive electrical/electronic problems!

After 10 years, you may have to accept that the life of your BD player has run its natural course!

After 10 years, you may have to accept that the life of your BD player has run its natural course!
Many thanks for your reply.

I had it all figured out :) regarding my setup. Researching for a best-buy used player to use as a transport was not in my plans.:(

It seems to be either a mechanical issue, or something that would be fixed with a reset (maybe the player logic is confused). It worked alright electronic-wise except for the issue opening the tray (mechanical), which seemed simple to fix (the belt, doh!, right...).

Many, many thanks for your reply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.