Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Philips CDR-760 'audio' CD-R/RW mod
Philips CDR-760 'audio' CD-R/RW mod
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2019, 06:37 PM   #1
Samwell is offline Samwell  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Philips CDR-760 'audio' CD-R/RW mod

Hi all!

Recently finished a project in which I modified a Philips CDR-760 in order to make it record to regular CD-R/RWs, not just 'audio' ones. There is a modchip available online, however, as I couldn't find anything else online about modding the recorder, I thought it'd be more interesting to figure out how the mod-chip worked and make my own rather than buying one ready made.

I presume most people record straight to their computers these days using a nice ADC, but in case there's anyone else who still uses a standalone CD recorder (specifically a Philips CDR-760 or closely related model), here is a guide into modding your own machine:

Home * Wiki * Samuel / CDR760Mod * GitLab

In the wiki, I included information about why I did this, how it works, and how you can do it yourself.

I hope this helps someone

Last edited by Samwell; 19th February 2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 15th February 2019, 11:43 PM   #2
Extreme_Boky is offline Extreme_Boky
diyAudio Member

Nice Wiki; photos are great as well. I know a few people who may benefit from your instructions. Thank you for posting it.
Old 16th February 2019, 09:41 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky View Post
Nice Wiki; photos are great as well. I know a few people who may benefit from your instructions. Thank you for posting it.
No problem, thanks for looking
Old 26th April 2019, 09:42 AM   #4
khu siew leong is offline khu siew leong
diyAudio Member

Default Great DIY

I have been searching for this modification and i am glad i found this. The guide is details enough and the pictures are details. Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 10:09 AM   #5
thimios is online now thimios  Greece
diyAudio Member

Is this suitable for the CDR765?
Old 30th April 2019, 03:44 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default get cdr_760_mod.ino

Hi Samwell
I was trying to download the file CDR_760_mod.ino and so far not successful. It said i need to log in. Did I do anything wrong?
Old 1st May 2019, 01:34 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Finally I managed to download the file after trying a few times. I going to mod my Philips CDR 760. Thanks.
Old 1st May 2019, 04:01 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the feedback
Old 1st May 2019, 04:14 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thimios View Post
Is this suitable for the CDR765?
I believe it should work, the CDR-765 looks like a CDR-760 with an extra optical drive for playing/recording from. They also share the same service manual, I presume the main optical drive that can record to discs is almost/exactly the same. The pages in the service manual with the chips on that the mod taps into are labeled with both the CDR-760 and CDR-765 too.
Old 1st May 2019, 04:17 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khu siew leong View Post
Hi Samwell
I was trying to download the file CDR_760_mod.ino and so far not successful. It said i need to log in. Did I do anything wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khu siew leong View Post
Finally I managed to download the file after trying a few times. I going to mod my Philips CDR 760. Thanks.
Hi, sorry you were having trouble downloading the file, I'm not sure why that happened as the repository is set to public.

Let me know how it goes, I'm recording a record to a non-audio CD-RW with my modded CDR-760 right now

Philips CDR-760 'audio' CD-R/RW modHide this!Advertise here!