New Hitachi HOP-M3 in Linn Karik what should I adjust?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got the following instructions from a user on YT, as I have to figure out the laser adjustments myself. I have not tried it out yet, but maybe this can help someone else who has the same problem as me.

If you hold the transport in your hand and you spin a disc there are two adjustments you must make. Before you start, just remember where the adjustment screws where before you started. Do not touch the pot.
There are two adjustments. One on the magnet which one generally leaves alone and then there is one on the plastic surround.

Looking at the disc edge on and with the beam shooting up at the disc (you're looking at the beam edge on also) there are two adjustments. Moving the beam towards and away from you, and one for moving the beam side-to-side. Ultimately the beam must be perpendicular to the disc surface. When you hold the transport in your hand and you have a disc running, you can see the angle the lens make with the disc. They should be parallel. Try the adjustment on the "plastic section" first while playing a disc and holding the transport in your hand.

Try the magnet adjustment second, but I generally leave it alone.

Here is a picture of the HOP-M3 laser and the screws used for adjustments.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Red circle - Don’t touch this!
Green circle - Primarily make small adjustments on this screw.
Yellow circle - You may need to make adjustments on this screw if the green adjustments isn’t enough.

This is very basic knowledge, so someone who knows exactly what each adjustment does should probably explain it here. Also, refer to the explanation in the post above.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.