Denon DCD-1500AE modding thoughts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

Are any particular Denon DCD-1500AE mods worth considering vs selling it at a fraction of its original price these days? E.g. is there an easy way to integrate a 3rd party DAC into it to be able to send audio at it via USB and/or Bluetooth? Unfortunately I have almost no soldering skills and theoretical knowledge whatsoever myself but the player is in the country where getting a professional to carry out the mod could be relatively inexpensive.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
The dac is the PCM1795 and it appears across the price range. Not sure if reading reviews of the various devices it appears in will make things any clearer as it is not just the dac that goes towards the finished whole. For example, the '1520AE has Alpha processing to consider, something may well be unique to Denon.

Makes sense but assuming Alpha processing is effectively upsampling and whatever goes along with it, I thought any DAC with DSD support does similar PCM upsampling these days? (how good is of course a separate topic) I recently ordered a Topping D10 for a start but will probably never be able to find a 1520AE to compare it with.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.