PCM56P-S selection?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I've got PCM56P-S from a Chinese market, and not only they are not fake but also show less THD (at -80dB after MSB adjustment) than PCM56P-K (in same position after ad hoc MBS adj). That is only -29dB that is much lesser than any other 16-bit DAC chip I tested.

Do you know which selection is?
Should they all show the same THD after MSB trimmer optimization?

Attachments

• pcm56-s.jpg
    pcm56-s.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 236
I have a Sony X7ESD with PCM58P-S chips.

I wonder if it is some kind of special selection for Sony?

Thanks...Your input made me check the Service Manual for your CDP and also for Sony Cdp-670 which have PCM56 on board: both SONY manuals indicate the "S", thus "S" was in production probably for Japan customs or just for SONY exclusive. The datasheet doesn't mention "S" grade.

Attachments

• SONY.jpg
    SONY.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 211
ygg-it, As I've previously mentioned, you really should search the diyaudio site here for mentions of the PCM56 by member 'Bernhard'. Bernhard has performed extensive spectrum analyzer distortion measurements on the PCM56, including with various values of passive resistor I/V conversion. He has been the strongest advocate for the PCM56 over other DAC chips, including over the 24-bit PCM1704.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.