AK4497 won't be Flagship anymore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yep it's a quad

Attachments

• AK4499EQ.JPG
    AK4499EQ.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 1,260
A lot of audio foolish blah blah

Whoa...!!! An elaborate analysis of what AK has to say of their new design. If you actually cared to read...

"I also configured an environment that can actually measure -124 dB"

Did you see the power supply they built & the decoupling around that AK4499?

Have a look (attached), and then add a third "blah" to your comment. Post it so that everyone can see.

Attachments

• AK4499 power supply, PCB & decoupling.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:
Whoa...!!! An elaborate analysis of what AK has to say of their new design. If you actually cared to read...

"I also configured an environment that can actually measure -124 dB"

Did you see the power supply they built & the decoupling around that AK4499?

Have a look (attached), and then add a third "blah" to your comment. Post it so that everyone can see.

I don't doubt that AKM has good engineers who develop very good products. In recent years, however, even serious companies are starting to use these stupid marketing buzzwords to fool their customers.

from the datasheet
>SR DAC Convert multi bit output of ΔΣ Modulator into analog signal. This block consists
of a switched resistor DAC

4499 output is not current source... So what is the IREF for? may be for calibrating full scale output current, like sabre, rough chip to chip full scale level tolerance?

I don't doubt that AKM has good engineers who develop very good products. In recent years, however, even serious companies are starting to use these stupid marketing buzzwords to fool their customers.

Well, if they provide with this new 4499 good figures, the channel separation for stereo is in my opinion to small. Best use 2 DAC's.

Also bad DAC figures as ESS on the -30..-40dBFS signal range :eek:

Also, a nightmare is on the ADC 557x the poor frequency response, really not engineering alike and pleased for measurements. :eek:

Hp

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi ...
Not sure the real datasheet is out yet. Probably will be just like the ESS - low for a current source.

I actually think there is a real "preliminary" datasheet out by now but I don't know how publicly available it is supposed to be. Anyway I have asked the Danish distributor if he may help with e.g. the output impedance value and hope that he will get back in not too long.

Cheers,

Jesper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.