hifiberry digi + pro project with separate regulated power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I was up to building my own streamer. I have good hifiequipment at home and wanted just the best digital output I could get feeding my DAC.

I started with some reading and a Digi + Pro with separaded and good powersupply would do the job.So I separated 5V and 3,3V to digi board and put it into a nice case.
transformer is needed and also regulated sirquits. I Also wanted better wifi than included in raspberry so i desoldered the orginal antenna and soldered external antenna.

My case did not permit USB in the direction for Raspberry so i desoldered one USB port and found one for external schassie mount standard.

Im wery happy with the result and its sound fantastic :)
I forgot to say i baked Volumio for app control. Im just setting up my NAS for streaming. Spotify also works fine...
I have now done some NAS -streaming with highest resolution 192/24 and it actually works really good. Reall smooth with Tube Headphone Amp.

Attachments

• prototyp.jpg
    prototyp.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 510
  • Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 514
  • result1.jpg
    result1.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 512
  • Headphone rigg.jpg
    Headphone rigg.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 488
Hi, I got no schematic i just draw and etched the boards that I needed. I Used the LT1085 for 5V. and LT317 for 3,3V and good caps for smoothing. But it will be easy just to make a lab-board that will do the jobb. 5V need atleast 2A so thats why use LT1085.
The chassis use a common Hammond box with tracks for a 100mm board. Just cut it in the size you want.

So i had an extra Hifiberry card and build another one. No big difference from the previous one. Better transformer and a line filter. Sounds great and have the same connectors. When I play lossless 24bit/192KHz music this one is really great :)

Attachments

• nya 1.jpg
    nya 1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 331
  • nya2.jpg
    nya2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 207
  • nya3.jpg
    nya3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 202
Hello Kalle. Nice builds. I am looking to make a similar project to feed my Dac from Rpi. I use Moode.

What voltage transformer did you use, and is it fixed 5v lt1085 or adjustable.

Thanks

Edit sorry I see now it is a 7v

Yes your right its 7volts transformer. And also right about lt1085. And I also have a separate regulator for 3,3volts to hifiberry card.

Regards Kalle G

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thanks
Can I ask one more question please, general to audio from Rpi.

At the moment I have a hifiberry dac + pro. I enjoy the use of the equaliser to alter frequency curve.

Do you still have this function with the Digi +? I wasnt sure if it was part of the DAC.?

Hi!

I was up to building my own streamer. I have good hifiequipment at home and wanted just the best digital output I could get feeding my DAC.

I started with some reading and a Digi + Pro with separaded and good powersupply would do the job.So I separated 5V and 3,3V to digi board and put it into a nice case.
transformer is needed and also regulated sirquits. I Also wanted better wifi than included in raspberry so i desoldered the orginal antenna and soldered external antenna.

My case did not permit USB in the direction for Raspberry so i desoldered one USB port and found one for external schassie mount standard.

Im wery happy with the result and its sound fantastic :)
I forgot to say i baked Volumio for app control. Im just setting up my NAS for streaming. Spotify also works fine...
I have now done some NAS -streaming with highest resolution 192/24 and it actually works really good. Reall smooth with Tube Headphone Amp.

Ehats the tube amp on top?!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.