AK4490

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I purchased on amazon.it the card in the picture, with AK4490 in my opinion perfect timbre but almost non-existent detail.
I was hoping that AK4490 was higher than the Cirrus CS4398 / CS8416 but it is not.
They are all of the same sound quality or I have to replace 5532 with an OPA2134, what good is this integrated usually present in all the cards made in China.
Even the sound quality of the 4398 and significantly higher than the Sony CDP-X505.
A card that is superior in sound quality to that based on CS4398 where can I find it?
thank you

Attachments

• 61olccDbCtL._SL1000_.jpg
    61olccDbCtL._SL1000_.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 515
  • 61zoVo-bBwL._SL1000_.jpg
    61zoVo-bBwL._SL1000_.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 507
ak4490

response from the
ak4490 from what I can see and compare with other photos of the original ones.
the only neo 5532, which will change without a doubt with an OA2134P, but you can tell me what the 5532 ?????????
if I remove the chip the sound level decreases enormously, so it is used to amplify the signal ???????
I have to wait for digikey for OPA2134P that works perfectly with single power supply.
I can know what you bought, a photo of the product, and where to find it is ideal.
Hello
guido bullo

I'm with PJN; at a certain price level you are going to get products that were thrown together rather than well designed. These cheap direct from China boards can be fun to play with but they aren't typically made for quality. They can also be loaded with fake components.

I've tried 4 different DACs with CS4398 that varied from a $30 Chinese board to an $800 big name brand and they had drastically different levels of detail and sound quality (the more expensive wasn't always my favorite either).

misteri

Hello
What do you use?
Tell me what your card is and where can I buy it?
My CS 4398 is mounted on an FX audio converter X6, and the sound quality and higher clearly at Sony which cost just under 1000 dollars then Plus FX X6 I paid 64 euros.
If you are fully satisfied with your AK4490 tell me where I can buy it, because otherwise I will be forced to think that the AK4490 does not work as they say.
Hello, thank you.
Guido

I got my kits from JLSounds here : I2S over USB Audio - Home. My build uses the USB to I2S module along with the AK4490 board, the LCD control board, and the LME49710 output board. I supplied separate power supplies for the boards. Probably will cost ~ $300 us to set up a decent dac including transformers and PSUs. I built my own case. It is an excellent sounding DAC.

I got my kits from JLSounds here : I2S over USB Audio - Home. My build uses the USB to I2S module along with the AK4490 board, the LCD control board, and the LME49710 output board. I supplied separate power supplies for the boards. Probably will cost ~ $300 us to set up a decent dac including transformers and PSUs. I built my own case. It is an excellent sounding DAC.

I have ak4399, dac9 from weiliang. Will it be an upgrade in sq if I move to jlsounds or any other dac?

I don't know, I've never heard your DAC. But the JLsounds one is an I2S input DAC designed to be used with their xmos USB module. The implementation of the USB module is nice, it's isolated and reclocked a d can be run from a separate psu. There would be a lot more involved than a plug and play board where all you need to supply is a transformer. That said I think it is one of the best sounding for the money that I've heard. After a certain level you quickly get to the point of diminishing returns with DACs IMHO

ak4490

thanks for the advice but arrived at these figures there is the new Denon dcd 800 series.
I only listen to music, so someone knows a card to insert instead of that of my Sony.
during this week I got to listen to the DCD 800 and also fantastic amazon sells it for 450 euros.
you can save money with an additional card or I'd better throw the Sony and buy the denon.
my collection is made of 16-bit original CDs so what do I do?
Thank you and hello to everyone

thanks for the advice but arrived at these figures there is the new Denon dcd 800 series.
I only listen to music, so someone knows a card to insert instead of that of my Sony.
during this week I got to listen to the DCD 800 and also fantastic amazon sells it for 450 euros.
you can save money with an additional card or I'd better throw the Sony and buy the denon.
my collection is made of 16-bit original CDs so what do I do?
Thank you and hello to everyone

What I meant was that you might be better off getting the DCD 800 that you liked. Not much more money than a DIY solution. Especially if you're not very experienced in DIY

ak4490+ OPA2132P+ Toshiba

digikey gave me the parts.
OPA2132P and the TOSHIBA revealing module, the conclusion the sound has become almost perfect.
remains the crystal oscillator to change, but I do not know what to buy.
what is the best you can put on the card bearing in mind that the attack is not SMD.
besides the ASC mark I can not find it on the web, the datasheet can not find it.
however I replaced the OPA2134PA of the FX-audio converter X6 with OPA2132P and the sound has become something incredible, now I understand why the Marantz readers and their CS4398 are decanted.
thanks to all those who will help me in choosing the crystal.
Guido

As suggested already, get the following:

I2SoverUSB v.III (it already has a very low SDA phase noise crystal oscillators)
I2SoverUSB - I2S over USB Audio

AK4490 board
AK4490 - I2S over USB Audio

LME49710 filter board
LME49710 filter board - I2S over USB Audio

The voltage regulators:

for all negative rails:
TPS7A3301 Ultra Low Noise LDO Voltage Regulator
TPS7A3301 Ultra Low Noise LDO Voltage Regulator

for all positive rails:
LT3045-A Ultra Low Noise LDO Voltage Regulator
LT3045-A Ultra Low Noise LDO Voltage</br>Regulator

The above, if wired nicely, can sound very good.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.