Bought a CAL cl-15 cd player and I want to...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I just bought an older California Audio Labs Cd player CL-15 for a great price. I just got thru removing the hood and was wondering if you only could replace a couple of things what would you do? The first thing that came to mind was the capacitors. I saw they are Teapo brand and never heard of them on any of the capacitor shoot outs. I bought it for a great price and it's very quiet just tipped a bit to the high side of the frequency spectrum, just a little bit more "weight" and it would be quite nice.

Thanks for any information

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_9664.jpg
    IMG_9664.jpg
    933.9 KB · Views: 79
Hi Mark - I have what might be a little later version which I’ve modified without making any major circuit changes. I have to find some notes... it might be a few days. You scored - I really enjoy that player. There’s a differential pair of transistors to the amplifier following the DAC. CAL switched from mosfets to bipolars - what are the numbers on those transistors?

-Phil

Edit - That’s a multilayer board so replacing stuff is a royal pita.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.