Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

DAC + headphone amplifier based on Marantz DR4050
DAC + headphone amplifier based on Marantz DR4050
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th September 2018, 06:49 PM   #11
rfbrw is offline rfbrw
diyAudio Member

You need something that looks like the RF eye pattern. I have no idea if it will work.
Attached Images
File Type: gif HIN.gif (24.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: gif SAA7392 HIN.gif (34.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 13th September 2018, 07:25 PM   #12
peterpl is offline peterpl  Poland
diyAudio Member

It seems complicated to generate such a signal, can't we cheat the DASP ?
Old 13th September 2018, 07:39 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Another idea is to get that signal out of CD part. CDR60 will think that It's own laser is working. What do you think?
Old 13th September 2018, 11:48 PM   #14
rfbrw is offline rfbrw
diyAudio Member

That may work. The signal at the SAA7324 looks the same as the one at the SAA7392. Focus and all the correction stuff probably won't work but it may be enough.

HFIN_SAA7324.gif

Last edited by rfbrw; 13th September 2018 at 11:51 PM.
Old 14th September 2018, 09:12 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Fine, but now we should solve how to switch on CD while CDR is working. They can work together only when copying from CD but to do that CDR has to work properly, which it didn't.

I still think why it is not possible to make MCF5244 ( DASP) working independently.

Another idea is to treat external signal coming to DASP as HF signal and connect e.g EXT-OPT_IN with HFIN.
Attached Images
File Type: png Signals.PNG (9.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 14th September 2018, 03:12 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Generally to make CDR/DAC working by imposing working of CD part is not a good idea. But I suddenly noticed cheap computer or standalone CDR writers. Would it be possible to get an RF signal from such a writer ? I think a schematics would be needed.
Old 14th September 2018, 06:26 PM   #17
rfbrw is offline rfbrw
diyAudio Member

How about a replacement OPU ?
Old 14th September 2018, 07:24 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Yes... we came to the point we have started from.
I am not the only guy willing to use Marantz DRXXXX recorder as DAC because demand for copying CDs is decreasing. So people are using it as DAC putting a blank CDR, pressing a record buton and letting laser to be on by several hours. This sooner or later damages the OPU and I think that OPU in my recorder was worn out due to the same reason.
OPU in e-bay is ca 50 but looking on service manual you have to adjust the current which is not simple.
The only solution is to be able to make the DASP = MCF5244 working independently.
I was looking for a schematics of that IC but with no success.

Unless someone reading this topic will have a solution for the DASP we should stop.
Old 15th September 2018, 12:30 AM   #19
rfbrw is offline rfbrw
diyAudio Member

You are probably right on stopping. The DASP has parallel address and data busses, I2C and JTAG. Disregarding JTAG, you would have to sniff the I2C bus and maybe the parallel busses. That is a lot of work.

DAC + headphone amplifier based on Marantz DR4050Hide this!Advertise here!