Bluetooth woes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought in a cheap Bluetooth audio interface to connect to my own design mixer pcb. The mixer pcb has a mic input with 100* gain and a stereo line input with terminal pins to connect to either USB DAC or a Bluetooth module.

I connected up a Bluetooth module and for the life of me couldn't get it to connect. When trying to connect from pc it just said there was a timeout trying to connect.
In desperation I deleted my pc Bluetooth dongle instance.
I then got the pc to attach the dongle again and the Bluetooth module started to work !

Why are things so complicated ? it should just work.

Bluetooth can be funky. I've had similar experiences with buggy set up and drop outs. But once it gets established it never seems to cause any more problems. iOS seems to handle BT audio a little better than Windoze.

Windows does seem to struggle a bit with BT.
If I am running BT audio and open "sound settings" it crashes sound settings and the audio goes off. Yet another Windows 10 bug.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.