Marantz 6005 not reading

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Looking for some help with a marantz 6005 cd I bought recently that turned out to have a problem with the drawer jamming. I removed the complete drawer assembly quite easily, 2 small plugs and 4 securing screws. I didn't disturb the laser ribbon as I could turn the player over to find the problem. Fairly straight forward and found it was assembled incorrectly. after re assembly I connected power and opened the drawer perfect. After about 10 seconds the drawer then started to close but did not close totally, only moving about 2 cm. No disc on screen. After closing the drawer manually the laser lifts to the read position but then parks again and still no disc on screen (with a disc in place, obviously). The player had been working perfectly previously, all I have done is remove the drawer assembly. It seems as if I have scrambled the sequencing somehow? Cannot find any manuals online for this player. Have double checked everything I have done and am mystified as to what the problem is. Any ideas most welcome. TIA. Forgot to add, the disc doesn't spin. Only 2 plugs, how could it go wrong?

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I wouldn't like to second guess what could be happening tbh. If the problem has only occurred following dismantling and reassembly then it has to be something that has gone amiss during the work done.

Is the loading belt OK and does it have enough grip to complete the loading cycle ?

The other thing to check is that the appropriate drawer micro switches operate when they should as that will be the only way the system control knows what position the tray is in.

When I started one of the first things I checked was the belt and pulley and gear pinion and rack. All good. Can only see 1 switch that is operated mechanically by a dowel in a track on the underside of the tray. Can actually see the switch arm from above when tray closes. I assume this is for tray motor cut off as it only throws when the tray reaches fully closed position.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.