Can anyone recommend a cheap good cdrw recorder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I have given up trying to record a digital stream on my laptop and am thinking about a cdrw recorder. Has anyone any experience of using one as I thought of recording from the spdif out from my dac onto cdrw then read it with eac and transfer it to hdd.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
thyristor44

HDD - PC - SPDIF - USB - DAC - spdif out from my dac onto cdrw then read it with eac and transfer it to hdd :confused:

or

CDA - CD player - DAC - spdif out from my dac onto cdrw :confused:
At the moment I stream either from a cambridge audio np30, say on linn classical, or the laptop on spotify or youtube. Both into an m-dac which has a spare optical out If I got a cdrw like a teac cdrw890 recorder that only records audio cds, I think, I could transfer them to my hard drive with eac.
Long way round but digital recording is too complex. I have borrowed a mini disc recorder, Its not too brilliant but neither is the quality from the internet.

If you are streaming why record? I used to burn discs from the library years ago and also from satellite receiver, since I've been streaming I haven't recorded anything, I buy the odd disc of stuff I particularly like for the sake of quality
The bbc sometimes have a concert I would like to keep and they are limited to 28 days. I do buy an occasional cd but most is on flac on daphile server for ease.

The bbc sometimes have a concert I would like to keep and they are limited to 28 days.

Which/What Hi-Fi published the URL's of some of the BBC Radio Streams a while ago.
These can be put in JRiver (as an example) and the Stream either Played or Recorded, apparently.
I have yet to get it to work myself though!
The last time I tried, a File of just 216 bits was created which obviously doesn't playback !!

If I sort it I'll post back how.
And if I can find those URL's I'll post those too.

P.

Which/What Hi-Fi published the URL's of some of the BBC Radio Streams a while ago.
These can be put in JRiver (as an example) and the Stream either Played or Recorded, apparently.
I have yet to get it to work myself though!
The last time I tried, a File of just 216 bits was created which obviously doesn't playback !!

If I sort it I'll post back how.
And if I can find those URL's I'll post those too.

P.
Thanks

Thanks Icasaszar I have the exact one you describe but whatever I do I cannot get any output to the usb from the spdif input socket. I have the drivers that came with it and can input optical from my dac, I have checked its there, but no sound recorder when set to it gets anything. Tried a number like audacity. It works usb to optical out but not in.
I suppose it could be damaged.
Any ideas.

Hello
I have given up trying to record a digital stream on my laptop and am thinking about a cdrw recorder. Has anyone any experience of using one as I thought of recording from the spdif out from my dac onto cdrw then read it with eac and transfer it to hdd.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
thyristor44

Perhaps this article will help?
Best Free Streaming Audio Recorders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.