Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

CD player not reading properly
CD player not reading properly
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2018, 11:42 PM   #1
Xaviersb is offline Xaviersb  United States
diyAudio Member

Default CD player not reading properly

Hi everyone! New here.

I have a Philips FW-C577 5 disc CD changer that has recently been acting up. I don't remember when I got it but I think it's going on about 20 years old. My problem is that the CD player part acts like it's trying to read a disc all of the time, even though there is no disc in the player. I can't get any of the trays to open because it's constantly trying to read "something." Even if I shut whole system off and leave it in demo mode it still continues to do this. Other settings such as Radio or USB yield the same results. This sound is incredibly annoying because it NEVER stops. I took it apart several months ago and was able to get it to work for a short while but now it's doing it again. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Due to it's age I'm wondering if the capacitors are reaching the end of their shelf life. In the past when the CD Player still worked, I noticed that it seemed to be slow when ejecting the tray and reading discs. Any help would be very much appreciated cuz I really like this player. If it helps I can post a video to Youtube of what its doing and link it to here.
Old 30th January 2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Xaviersb is offline Xaviersb  United States
diyAudio Member

Anyone?? Even a link to a good site that sells capacitors as I'm thinking of replacing them.
Old 13th May 2018, 12:51 PM   #3
PAM is offline PAM  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default re solder

The soldering of the PC boards is sometime the problem. Resolder every connection. (Yes it takes some time)

CD player not reading properlyHide this!Advertise here!