Marantz CD6004 Digital Out Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help! :)

I can't turn the digital out back on :mad: I turned it off a couple of years ago. I'm following the procedure in the manual and getting the right display in the menu, but when I "enter" to turn it back on it refuses and "Doff" remains on the display. Has anyone had this problem or has any ideas what to do please? Thanks.:confused:

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've got the Pearl-Lite which looks similar from the outside. On that it is just a single button click on the remote to turn digital output on or off.

I'm assuming yours is the same... if so have you confirmed the remote is transmitting ?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
This one.

Have you tried disconnecting the mains for a while in case the logic is corrupted in some way ?

Is there any 'supercap' used as a backup to retain user settings ? If so then you could try discharging it to reset everything.

The above are just suggestions as I'm not familiar with the player... but I wouldn't be suspecting a 'real' fault at this stage.

Attachments

• RC.JPG
    RC.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 89
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Strange problem.

Have a good read at the manual, these type of issues tend not to be real faults in my experience. Unplugging overnight for example should be plenty long enough to resolve any stuck logic.

I'll have a think although nothing immediate comes to mind.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.