Replacing a CDM9/65 laser unit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Congratulations Berend ! Addicting eh, the smell of victory ? ;) I was sure about a faster way of replacing the laser as it is a service part. Removing the drawer is standard practice with most cdplayers.

I will try to put my skipping /65 in the unit that the /44 came from and see if that will work too...

You should know the outcome, don't you ? Better invest the time in looking what useful mods you can do in the 975....

jean-paul said:
You should know the outcome, don't you ? Better invest the time in looking what useful mods you can do in the 975....

Well, then we`ll all know if the 65 and 44 are interchangable, which is a piece of information I`ve not been able to find anywhere... The result would hopefully be a skipping, but playing CD player.

And speaking of the skipping... I`ve just bought a Torx 6, which allows me to now finally seen the ball bearing of my /65. I can lube it now, and see if that helps. I have noticed that my 44 moves with less friction, so this may indeed be the source of the skipping.

Can I use a tiny drop from my silicone spray? Not spray it obviously... But is this a proper lubricant?

Thanks!

Berend

Hello to all. I wanted to expose my problem to you. I own a micromega cd duo 3. Its mechanics is a CDM9 / 45. the problem is that the cd disk oscillates slightly (almost a millimeter at the edge of the disk) during the rotation.
my question for you is: is it normal or tolerable an oscillation of the cd disc (premise that everything works apparently correctly) or this deviation of the spindle motor creates noises or errors of reading (and therefore it would be better to eliminate it, completely replacing with a new CDM9 / 44) ?????) ?????

Hello to all. I wanted to expose my problem to you. I own a micromega cd duo 3. Its mechanics is a CDM9 / 45. the problem is that the cd disk oscillates slightly (almost a millimeter at the edge of the disk) during the rotation.
my question for you is: is it normal or tolerable an oscillation of the cd disc (premise that everything works apparently correctly) or this deviation of the spindle motor creates noises or errors of reading (and therefore it would be better to eliminate it, completely replacing with a new CDM9 / 44) ?????) ?????

No, it i snot normal and it would be better to eliminate it.
Rather than replacing the whole mechanism, I would just replace the motor, which shaft is bent.
Before removing the motor, make a template with cardboard or something which will let you get the turntable height correct on re-assembly. The cardboard should be of such thickness, so that it only just fits between the TT and the chassis off the mechanism.
The TT platter on the shaft is only press fit.
Get the new motor from eBay and then move the turntable onto the new one trying not to bend the shaft so that you will not end up with the problem you have now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.