Phillips EXP2460 PCDP I2S out?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day,
So I've got this Phillips EXP2460 portable CDP from 2005 that I'd love to hook up to an eBay I2S DAC board.
The CDP uses MN6627933CN LSI which from what I gather can output I2S in the EIAJ format but it doesn't look that simple...

Datasheet talks about I2S on page 27:
"SRDATA, BCLK, and LRCK are output in combination with PMCK (BCLK), FLAG (SRDATA), and SMCK (LRCK) or EXT0 (SRDATA),
EXT1 (LRCK), and EXT2 (BCLK)"
(I don't understand what "in combination with" means)

The best I can make out from the above and pages 6 & 10:
1) EXTn pins can be configured to output I2S (these are not connected on the board).
2) PMCK, SMCK and FLAG pins can also be configured to output I2S (BCLK, LRCLK and SDATA respectively).
3) There are no dedicated pins for I2S and the chip only outputs I2S if configured by microcontroller.

So basically I don't think I will be able to hook up any I2S DAC to it, because that requires configuration of the chip by talking to it. And that information is not freely available it seems (NDA stuff).

I'm hoping someone with more understanding could have a look and comment on my findings.

attachment.php

"Pins marked with an asterisk can be switched to different signals by using microcontroller commands."

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 3.png
    3.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 30
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.