Yamaha CD-1 start problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear members,
I have a Yamaha CD-1 player from the past. This thing is very complicated. When i load a disk it loads it but the disk does not start spinning. There is no laser light visible from the laser and no tracking movement from the laser head.

All power supply voltages are present. Also the sub power supply's on the servo board and the logic board.

The little board with a optical device does see the disk spinning (by hand) and there is some pulsing from the out connector.

Can anyone help me get started with troubleshooting. Is there a known issue with there players? for example the cabling or the connectors? I already did a visual inspection on the boards and solderd some bad junctions.

Any help is much appreciated.

I worked on many of these as a Yamaha Agent.
What happens when you insert a disc is as follows;
Drawer closes and the laser assembly returns to the centre of the disk. The laser then lights, the disk spins up and Focus is attempted.
In your player, move the laser assembly towards the outer of the disk then insert a disk.
Does it attempt any of the above?

Thank you for the response Jon. I see you are in the same business as me. When the drawer closes the head if moving to the center of the disk. That part is working. After that nothing. This CD player is different from the service manual link you mentioned. This is the older first one from yamaha, the CD-1 with the drawer on the left side.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.