Help! CD-PRO2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone

Presently I am struggling on whether to buy a CD-PRO2 kit ( with power supply / chasis etc ) from Diyzone at about US$500/kit. The problem is I wonder whether it can be build into a high end CD-player? Making CD-player to sound is simple, but to align a good sound is very difficult especially a lot of testing equipment required ?

Trace back the past thread of CD-PRO2 project, no particularly mentioned about the sound of CD-PRO2, does it worth? Better to buy a good second hand CD-player such as Teac 25X or for this CD-PRO2 kt, they are roughly the same cost.

Thanks

Take my advice and dont even mention that youre considering to buy something from diyzone. I believe all members on this forum have witnessed their illeagal actions according to the intellectual property of Nelson Pass.

My advice, buy the cd2 pro, but not from diyzone. They earn plenty enough by stealing from Nelson Pass.

Magura:)

Hi.

In case you don't know it yet, you can buy it from here:

http://www.daisy-laser.nl/homeoptics/

thats where I got mine. Friendly, responsive and *legal* service.

The sound straight from cdpro2 is fair but I've heard better. I used it with a modded version of the BelCanto DAC (modded to accept direct I2S) and it sounded superb (to me, of course).
Now I plan on replacing I/V stage of the DAC with a sowter trafo followed by tube stage.

Guilherme.

In the product point of view, the DIY thing can not guarantee you the sound quality. We can only say lots of "Hi-end" CD players are built by this mechanism, so it "probably" will have very high C/P.

If you have time to do the tuning, probing or adjusting of the kit, it will show it's value. But if not, go for a CD-player directly do not play with the kits.:cool:

DIY doesn't mean you can save money but you can 100% feel you did something and proud of yourself.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.