Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Technics SL-P1 driving me nuts
Technics SL-P1 driving me nuts
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th April 2017, 04:44 AM   #11
danico is offline danico  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Both are usefull maybe the USB ones are not that good, but I prefer vintage stuff in everything. Better parts and build quality. I got lucky with mine bought it less then a 100 euro, but its worth 300.
My mercedes almost 30 years old and all my hifi stuff are from the 70's.
Old 29th April 2017, 12:32 PM   #12
PC91 is offline PC91  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Well yes, totally agree on build quality, if still were usable i'll be still using my old ibm, and is good to know about the mercedes, W126? someday i dream with a 500SEL or an E34 BMW 540i but here are not that cheap...
Old 29th April 2017, 09:38 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Just a small W124 200 ... I wish to have an 500 too. or some older model SL190.

Everything is still factory original except the sparkplugs and ignation cabels and the breakpads and rotors were changed at 150K/km.
I couldn't wish a better car, I love mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Iphone 2386.JPG (112.0 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by danico; 29th April 2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 29th April 2017, 09:43 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Really nice beast, those are relatively cheap here, and can run 500k easily, you have a car for your whole life there, is good to see people not trashing good old vehicles, older SL are collectibles, those are really expensive cars, but nothing more classy than them
Old 29th April 2017, 10:06 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Thanks. Thats right the SL are collectibles.
Old 22nd September 2017, 12:38 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Okay.. i've been out of here since a while, got an oscilloscope finally, can't get the P1 to work...started following the calibration procedure from the manual but something is really wrong with this cd player.

had to adjust PLL since it was running across the screen, got the same picture as on the manual, then i proceed to calibrate CLV speed and the signal is not steady at all, asumming the disc speed is oscilating, also if i check the RF signal looks like is summed up with a sine signal, heavily distorting it...

any clue on it?

Thanks!
Old 10th November 2017, 07:10 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Well in case anybody wants to know... one chip of the LSI module is fryed, that is causing all the trouble, when connected the 9v psu signal pulses, no matter what, RF signal is full of ripple (4.3mhz) and this IC gets hot... if i remove the supply, RF signal cleans up, psu stabilizes... so well... rest in peace.

Technics SL-P1 driving me nutsHide this!Advertise here!