dead Shanling SCD-T200C

hello

I received a shanling SCD-T200C cd player (in fact it is a SACD player) for free.

the board at the laser mechanism is destroyed, as somebody tried to fix it.

I am aware that there are no spare parts from shanling due a patent problem with the SACD technology.

I would like to convert this unit to a plain vanilla cd player, maybe installing a normal mechanism as KSM whatever number. it fits...

I just would need a controller for the laser, maybe I will need to remove the display electronics and put something else. I am handy with pic controllers.

is this a mad idea ? somebody has done such a modification (downgrade, I know) ?

but the case is so awesome that I don't want to scrap it

any ideas ?

thanx

Alexander

Hi George. I've scdt200 I bought in 2002. I upgraded by myself except the 2 servo boards i sent to someone in Canada to be installed with 2 active clocks (cd & sacd). At the beginning I tried to install the clocks by myself. Apparently damaged the servos. I sent the boards to Shanling & got repaired. Contact Hunter (hos nickname probably) at Shanling's email. If I'm not mistaken 1 board repair cost me US 80. My email joeyahoo1@hotmail.com

hello
I received a shanling SCD-T200C cd player (in fact it is a SACD player) for free.
the board at the laser mechanism is destroyed, as somebody tried to fix it.
Alexander

Alexander,
What is actually wrong with your player?
It might be a tube version of the one I recently bought, the SCD200.
If it is, it might be worth getting it fixed, because it is the best SACD reader of them all and certainly the best I have ever seen.
Can you post some epics of the main servo board please? I am curious what is actually destroyed there.
Here is a video of mine in action on my bench prior to the tray belt being replaced.
Shanling SCD200 SACD Player. Probably the best SACD reader I have ever seen. - YouTube