Marantz CD5001 CD Mechanism Springs...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, i have been repairing a Marantz cd5001 cd player and after replacing the laser assembly i have forgotten where each set of springs goes on the cd mechanism assembly. There are 2 sets of springs but one set is softer and one set is a little stiffer. Which set should i use in the front, the softer or stiffer ones? Thanks

I just checked the unit out and I actually had the springs in the right place. I forgot when I put it together the first time that I put the stiff springs in the front to support the spindle motor like percival007 suggested, thanks again for the tip though! I found a little plastic shaving stuck in one of the gears that was making it skip. I cleaned them all again carefully with a toothbrush and it seems to have solved the issue. Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.