Anybody modded a Pioneer N-50A?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just, turned on the N-50A.
Opened Spotify app on my phone, and the N-50 showed up.... And worked!

I had the PC on with Spotify open and connected to n-50A with USB.
Could this be the reason?
But I've done this plenty of times before and the n-50A never showed up in the android app.
It worked for me all day yesterday.

Last edited:
Still working tonight. PC is not connected!

Attachments

• IMG_20190506_211220488.jpg
    IMG_20190506_211220488.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 189
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
If you go outside the wireless range and you can still control the device from the web then it has the described behaviour (which is a "feature" of Spotify Control I was told).

Then anyone that was the last person that had control over your device can still control it. This is very unwanted IMO but many are not aware it works like this it seems.

My N-50 does not show up in Spotify (using free account) devices list (just thought to test this for fun).

What input is active on your N-50 when playing Spotify?

I think it's only working in Australia because nobody else says it's working.

If I play a song in Spotify I can just tell the app to play on the N-50A. So if I'm playing from the music server it will immediately swap to the Spotify input and play the Spotify song. Spotify overrides the source select on the pioneer. I like that.

If the n-50A is powered up, it shows up in the Spotify app in the "devices available" menu.

By the way, Spotify doesn't work on N-50. It only works on N-50A and N-50AE.

Last edited:
Now you start telling the important stuff :D

Mine reads N-50-S on the back panel.

The N-50-S is the first version of this series. It has a silver chassis.
The N-50-K is (Kuro) has a black chassis, also the first version. These dont have Spotify integration.

The sound quality is the same as the N-50A (the second version with Spotify integration)

The latest version is N-50AE.

Spotify stopped supporting the N-50A because Spotify changed their streaming protocol. It was not Pioneers fault.

I only posted that it started working again, because it had not worked for over a year.

And now it's working again... On my player in Australia. It sounds awesome!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.