Got my Zap pulse 2.2SE modul today

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ryssen said:
Does anyone have a schema for this one,just for fun to see how it´s constructed.

you just got one module? ;)

I'm very interested in hearing from you and others how this amp works out. Once I can afford it, wamt to build two 2.2SE stereo amps and an active crossover to biamp my speakers. I'd like to hear about experiences with alternate power supply designs, bigger transformers than recommended, etc - just to do it right the first time aorund.

Peter

Re: Re: Got my Zap pulse 2.2SE modul today

pburke said:
I'm very interested in hearing from you and others how this amp works out. Once I can afford it, wamt to build two 2.2SE stereo amps and an active crossover to biamp my speakers. I'd like to hear about experiences with alternate power supply designs, bigger transformers than recommended, etc - just to do it right the first time aorund.
See this thread :)

I'm using an 800VA transformer instead of the 500VA they recommend. Of course I don't know if it makes any sonic difference but I think it sounds great :)

Michael.

I'm using the LC Audio Virtual 4 pole PSU which has 10x10000uF in total. I don't really understand the principle of the V4P "network" (some say it's a load of bull) but I don't think you can just divide that by 2 to get 50000uF.

I think it's more like 40000uF per channel.

Yes, the inductor is just hanging in the air.

The modules get warm but not hot. The base of the module is a thick plate of aluminium to which the MOSFETs are screwed and I have that just bolted to the bottom plate of my amp case and that's enough heatsinking.

Michael.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.