Modded ps1 is messing with my amplifier...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just modded the scph 1002 ps1. I only did remove caps and muting transistörs. It sounds fine. But when i touch the volume knob on my technics a800 mk2. It rustles (i dont know if it is the right Word, but it is not like noise). When i turn the knob it gets worse. Not too loud. But it is there. And when i change the source from it to another somewhere. It cracks. Loudly. I hope i made myself Clear. Where should i look for in order to find and fix it?
Thanks.
Nazım...

no.

the muting circuit is switching DC.

also, the wiper is picking various amount of DC voltage, which your amplifier can obviously handle, amplify, and send to woofers with potential to get the coils decentered, or burnt.

lastly, the source change will cause the sudden connection / disconnection of large (in terms of input sensitivity) voltage, that could easily damage your tweeters

no.

the muting circuit is switching DC.

also, the wiper is picking various amount of DC voltage, which your amplifier can obviously handle, amplify, and send to woofers with potential to get the coils decentered, or burnt.

lastly, the source change will cause the sudden connection / disconnection of large (in terms of input sensitivity) voltage, that could easily damage your tweeters

How about i install a capacitor instead of jumper wire? 100uf f. E.

Put back the caps you removed. They were there for a purpose, as you have now discovered. If you have thrown them away you will need to buy new ones, of the same type and value as the originals.

Strange as it might seem, audio designers do not add coupling caps to their circuits in order to degrade the sound or to provide naive 'upgrade' options for audiophiles who have just learnt how to solder.

100uF is probably an electrolytic. This will have some leakage current. Whether this is a problem may depend on the value of the ground leak resistor, if present. Why not simply replace what was there? The designer would have thought about this, assuming he was competent.

Well, i was thinking using a bipolar cap. But you all say reinstall the old things...

I made biplar caps out of 47uf sanyo oscon caps. I installed them the same way like jumpers. And that dc problem is at minimum. Only about seventyfive percentage volume it starts, maybe it is because of muting transistors. But sound is more finer and no fears now. Glad i solved it. I appreciate all you guys help. We are a big community

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.