upgrade mods for Marantz cd5004 cd player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just purchased a very lightly used player, and was just wondering if anyone else here has one and have done any mods to it. I realize, it's not one of Marantz's top of the line models and I'm just looking for ways of improving it's sonic performance. Looking at the service manual, I don't see any op amps but was thinking about maybe upgrading PS caps, rectifiers, bypassing output caps, removing the muting transistors, dampening the case etc. Any suggestions on things I could try would be greatly appreciated! ps the player was said to have about, 30-40 hours of actual playing usage. Thanks! :)

Hi,

IMHO your simply best off leaving it alone. I expect your
upgrade attempts will seem pretty futile in the long run.

Just let it do what it does, and enjoy it, it is good.

rgds, sreten.

My mantra, buy a good used CD player, I've a CD4SE, and
don't mess with it. Great older CD players are very cheap.

Last edited:
I just purchased a very lightly used player, and was just wondering if anyone else here has one and have done any mods to it. I realize, it's not one of Marantz's top of the line models and I'm just looking for ways of improving it's sonic performance. Looking at the service manual, I don't see any op amps but was thinking about maybe upgrading PS caps, rectifiers, bypassing output caps, removing the muting transistors, dampening the case etc. Any suggestions on things I could try would be greatly appreciated! ps the player was said to have about, 30-40 hours of actual playing usage. Thanks! :)

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/258076-marantz-cd5004-modifications.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.