survey: how many KSS-272A should I build ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
to all Sony CDP 707ES , accuphase, great sound lovers with a sleeping beauty that you'd really like to hear singing again:

this post is to evaluate how many of us would be purchasing a new KSS-272A, or other close by version of this laser optical pickup: would we be enough to get an affordable pricing from an OEM, then may be...we can try ?

I am 1 (well, may be 2...life time buy......)
and you ?

anyone having internet skill to make that survey visible in google on "KSS-272A" tag and accessible for an easy count is welcome.

Does not look like "ludofrenchie" owns a factory.
Besides he was only active here in September 2015.

But, gentlemen (and the few ladies).
I am still looking for volunters to help to make the old good CD-mechs sing again. I am asking in this forum already for some years, with not much response.
One member from this forum will try a diode swap.
I will not give his name without his permission but I assume he will step out of the dark and write in this thread anyway.
But we found out (like many others) that the direct replacements for the original diodes seem to be inferior.
Got 50 Sharp-LT022MC laser diodes from ebay, maybe 6 emit enough light.
So diodes currentl produced(i.e. from Rohm) must be used
The task: Evaluate the old mechs and their optics and find a way to fiddle modern diodes into the old mechs and redesign APC: Not easy.
Astigmatism has to be understood, the optics have to be evaluared and calculated. But anyone who knows about (infrared) lasing and
compact disc optics is very very welcome !
Greetings,
Salar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.