CDM9...Marantz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking to bye me a "new" CDP, and had decided to go for a player with a CDM9 laser, becauce of it probably is newer, and not so tired.
Then thinking that a Marantz would be my best bet in the choice between Philips and Marantz, at least I like the look better with the Marantz players....

But I can't find any Marantz using CDM9 !?
Seems to me like they jumped from CDM4 directly to CDM12 lasers, is this true ?

If I could get hold of a new laser to the CDM4, wouldn't this be a better choice anyway, for instance a CD62 (think it was named this), or preferably a Marantz CD72 MKII ???

The CD72 MKII is the most expensive/best Marantz using CDM4, isn't it ?

Need some guidance.... pleeeease :hot:

Lyra

The CD72 II SE is the best choice IMO

I don't think that Marantz made players with the CDM-9

The CD62 is a good choice too, I have one. If you want to change the dac and output stage it's a good choice, since it has a separate board for this, you just have to change it and build your own

yeah, actually it´s the best i´ve ever heared through my Headphones´s :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
Wow, it´s the best buy i´ve ever made, costs: 19,5€
I don´t want to solder it to dead, this one I will never get anymore for this money ;-)

Plans: replace 5532 with AD826 or OP2604.... make the GND plane more solid... Kwak Clock, if I´ll ever make a smd-pcb for it...
Today I bought the vifa ringradiators, they are also :bawling:

weissi said:
yeah, actually it´s the best i´ve ever heared through my Headphones´s :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
Wow, it´s the best buy i´ve ever made, costs: 19,5€
I don´t want to solder it to dead, this one I will never get anymore for this money ;-)

Plans: replace 5532 with AD826 or OP2604.... make the GND plane more solid... Kwak Clock, if I´ll ever make a smd-pcb for it...
Today I bought the vifa ringradiators, they are also :bawling:

yes, change the opamps. maybe a discrete i/v and new caps later...
you can add a clock, try the non-os mod

Hi Bricolo!

I have already tried NON-OS with a standalone TDA1541A feed by an Envy24 PC.... I really prefer the marantz....
I would not go the non-os way if you look at the frequency diagramm of the vifa XT25... otherwise I´ll need a steep post-filter (but anyway, it´s worth a try)

Is it the transport? I have a older sony player with "TDA1541a==>I/V via AD8620==>my ClassA HP amp"
where I changed the lytic caps almost all to Panasonic FC....
No chance for the Sony.... It must be the transport OR ME ;-)

Today I listened to a Accuphase CD75... hah, that´s not my beer, even If I could get it also so cheap....

btw, it uses the "standard" setup: SAA7220B-TDA1541A-NE5532
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Lyra,
I don't know any Marantz with CDM 9 ,but I had a players with this transport and the laser lens dies really quick!
I think CDM4 and CDM 1/MKII lasers last much lomger,and I also heard that te first CDM 1 is almost indestructible ,lasting many,many years.

The players with CDM 9 I know are:
Philips 930/931 and Philips 950/951 but these two are not that good for modding ,having many errors and ground loops on PCB.

The other players are Arcam 70.2 and Arcam Alpha 5 and Arcam Alpha 5+.
Also Naim CD 3 and CD 2

I laso thought about using the player with cdm 9 for modding,becouse I had a chance to buy new CDM 9 spare lenses very cheap,but after taking look at build quality of CDM 1 I prefer CDM 1.I think it's build quality is much better.
For now I'm using CDM 1/MKII,having no problem with spare lasers as CDM 4/19 laser is a direct replacement and works great (this is actually the same laser/arm).
I have heard that CDM1 is even better,so I'm going to try it as soon as I find a good cd player that is equipped with it.
I also think there won't be a lot of problems with spare laser in case of CDM 1.There are many old ,cheap Philips players that I can buy just to get the working laser,and it last very long.

Bartek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.