Service Manual/Parts List for Denon DCD 835

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody. I put this one on the back burner a couple of years ago because too much amp stuff going on but finally want to fix this goddamn cd player.

It now has a working laser and has been recapped. It plays cd's but doesn't recognise most of them. This is irrelevant whether they are bought cd's or copies. When it does recognise a cd it will start playing it with repetitive tchirping noise for the first couple of minutes, after which it plays them just fine but when I then press "next track" it'll get lost and won't play.

I am thinking tracking servo adjustment. However, this is automatic, there are no pots to adjust. It is controlled through a Panasonic AN8389S chip and there are some elcaps which I replaced (carefully! done lots of times before).

Anyway, I can't find the service manual or parts list to trace this problem. Does anybody out there have one? Would much appreciate it, thanks!

Well, having looked at other Denon DCD service manuals from that year I have figured out, that there is a test mode which is usually entered by bridging a testpoint. However, so far I have not had a chance to try that as I also found out that it is necessary to find a test cd (according to other Denon service manuals) to calibrate the player. Whilst trying to do that I managed to fluff up my computer by installing browser hijackers and all sorts of other (not so)nice things, forcing me to spend hours on sorting my 'puter. Whilst not usually a person to give up I think it may be time to send this one to the place it deserves, and quite possibly anything with the name Denon on it. Which is a shame as my first ever HiFi contained a Denon Amp and I have always had a soft spot for them. However, I reckon I rather stick to the likes of ARCAM where you can ring them and talk to the guy who designed the stuff, who is happy to help. Anyway, I hope that this may help some people to make the decision whether to go for a Denon or for repairing anything by them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.