Ultra High Performance DAC S/PDIF in 4Vrms Balanced Out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have designed a DAC which is based on the PCM1794A and WM8804 chip.

The sound and performance are absolutely stellar.
THD+N: .0005%
SNR A-Weighted: 120dB
Frequency Response: DC - 30khz (-.5dB at 30kHz)
Noise Floor: -140dB

Power Input: 80-264VAC or 115-370VDC
Audio Input: S/PDIF coax or S/PDIF Optical (jumper selectable)
Audio Input: 24 or 16bit -- 44.1khz, 48khz, 96khz, 192khz (auto-detect)
Stereo Output: Balanced 4Vrms for left and right channels
Volume Control: 0dB to -25dB (Alps Blue Velvet)

I am trying to guage interest to see if anybody here would be willing to do a group buy. The cost per board is going to be in the range of $300 to $400. This is very cheap considering that the performance easily beats $2000 pieces of equipment. I would need to make a minimum of 25 pieces to make this feasible.

The design uses only the highest quality components film capacitors, 0.1% resistors, etc.

I have a working prototype on which I measured the performance numbers below.

Here are the pictures of the prototype and measurements.
Prototype:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Noice Floor (0 dBrA = 4Vrms)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

1kHz Sine Wave at 0 dBrA (0 dBra = 4Vrms)

Frequency Response and THD+N
Since this graph was taken the frequency response has been adjusted out to 30kHz with no impact on THD+N or SNR.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.