Pioneer DV-717 draw opening & closing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi does anyone have any thoughts or advice on my Pioner DV717 DVD player?
It reads and plays DVDS and CDs fine. However the draw closes automatically straight away on opening making it difficult to get the disk in.
Thanks in advance
Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is how to fix the tray problem on your DV717:
First, remove the plate that holds the upper disc clamper, which will be 2, 1 or no screws + a couple of plastic snaps.
Unload the tray(either powered up or by manually turning white gear bottom left front side of mech), then, powered off, pull the tray out of unit completely, but slowly.
Near front of mech, where tray was, to left(or maybe right), you will see a blue lever shaft sticking up. This is the tray sensing switch. You'll see that the shaft is attached to a miniature rotary switch. Drip a good contact cleaner/lub(Triflow is the best) onto the switch, trying to aim it into the tiny gap between blue rotating and black fixed part. Then, manually flip the switch forward & back very rapidly, many, many, many times(like 30-50).
Line up tray into mech & slide slowly back, but first, observe that there is a black plastic projection on a slide plate that must align with a track on bottom side of tray. If you didn't touch it, should be in right position, but check it. If in right place, the loading mech will complete the loading cycle as normal as soon as you power up.
Re-install clamper plate.
Test loading.
Finished.

Hello Stephensank
This is a well written instruction. Unfortunately I cannot understand what to do though. Can you make a good youtube about this ? I know this is a demanding request.

Basically there is a switch that just flips back and forth when the tray hits it, inside of it carbon builds up and stops it from working. You need to spray contact cleaner inside the switch and break down the carbon so it will work again. For it to work properly the tray needs to be in a neutral position when you reinstall the switch. This video is the basic procedure which applies to many cd and dvd players:

YouTube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.