Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

Please take care that Zeno do not work without sense wire connected.
Sense wire must be connected at the load, as is clearly reflected in attached pictures.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• zeno-vout.jpg
    zeno-vout.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 676
  • ShigaMK2-Zeno.jpg
    ShigaMK2-Zeno.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 659
  • Zeno load.png
    Zeno load.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 674
This is to recall that Zeno is NOT a direct replacement power supply for Shiga MKII.
You need to take care on how to connect Zeno as per above drawings.

If you use Zeno with original Shiga MKII transformer, please use only one secondary. This way you have ~10Vac at Zeno input and power dissipated by regulator will be in normal limits.
If you use Zeno with Saligny, than you may use a trafo that deliver between 7Vac and 10Vac at 2A.

Regards,
Tibi

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi Tibi

Is there a manual for Zeno?
I am looking to make 26v - this is greater than the jumpers allow; I'm guess extra parts are needed?

Thanks
Clayton

This is to recall that Zeno is NOT a direct replacement power supply for Shiga MKII.
You need to take care on how to connect Zeno as per above drawings.

If you use Zeno with original Shiga MKII transformer, please use only one secondary. This way you have ~10Vac at Zeno input and power dissipated by regulator will be in normal limits.
If you use Zeno with Saligny, than you may use a trafo that deliver between 7Vac and 10Vac at 2A.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi

Is there a manual for Zeno?
I am looking to make 26v - this is greater than the jumpers allow; I'm guess extra parts are needed?

Thanks
Clayton

Hi Clayton,

For 26V output you need to use R11 and R12 and no jumpers.
R12 = 10K
R11 = 174K

Please note that total power dissipated across regulator must be under 5W. For this use a transformer that have in secondary min 20Vac and max 22Vac.

Regards,
Tibi

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Thanks Tibi

Just to check that you refer to the voltage output (Vac) not the wattage (VA) that should be within those lower and upper limits? Sometimes I find transformer labelling confusing between the two.

I will check what I have before I proceed - I don't think I have anything at home between those values but might have a 20Vac there? Plan to try Zeno with TDA1541A Distinction V3 board.

Hi Clayton,

For 26V output you need to use R11 and R12 and no jumpers.
R12 = 10K
R11 = 174K

Please note that total power dissipated across regulator must be under 5W. For this use a transformer that have in secondary min 20Vac and max 22Vac.

Regards,
Tibi

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Just got around to fitting Zeno to my Shiga.
Sounds like a tigerrrrr!! ����

Think my transformer is too powerful. Its a Hammond 183J10 10v secondary is rated 3A. I now reviewed the docs to find max is really up to 2A, closer to 1A preferable. Heat sink on regulator chip does get hot-ish. I have Zeno with Saligny. I will go back to using single winding on original transformer as per instructions.

If I add another Zeno powered from same winding (to power V1 for example) will that soak up more of the current?

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Ok did a rewind and thought I'd nailed it but..

CD reads TOC and will play a chosen track BUT for only a couple of seconds before track stops and returns to TOC?

I've checked all my voltages and everything looks right to me. Have tried a couple of different mechanisms with the same result. Have swapped ribbon cables.

It's gotta be around that V1 where I have the LF50 (I have 100u on output as per instructions). Will try with different LF50.

Only have a DMM for testing. Tried to see if there was a V change anywhere at moment of stop

Pulling my hair out (what little of it I have)

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I remember one user commenting that once they had all high grade mods in place especially with Duelund at C11 and tentlabs xo further adding NewClassD clock didn’t achieve further audible gain for them. So really upnto individual budget and preference

Myself I have Neutron Star and it is a nice piece of kit. NewClassD give excellent after sales service very friendly and helpful. If you keep an eye on PartsConnexion they often have NewClassD products at sale prices.

Hi guys,

Gas anyone tried upgraded xo other than the tent labs xo that had noticeable improvement?

Thanks