Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

Zeno just got better in every aspect due synchronous rectification trough our new product called Saligny.
More details to come.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-02-10 at 22.37.20.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-02-10 at 22.37.20.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 677
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-02-10 at 20.31.17.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-02-10 at 20.31.17.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 682
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tibi,
Just curious about R57? It is not on the standard board I received recently and I can't find any reference to it in the builders thread. I will have a mini-reg in place at V3 and V4 so L2/3/4/5 are removed [Reflector D V1/V2]. Does 1.2K R57 need to be in place? Also I have seen reference to L9 out also for separate V3-V4 power supply? Thanks!

best regards,
Steve

Hi Tibi
I think I am having V1 problem. I have a Reflektor-D for V1. It is built to 5V specs and a .75R MP930 for CCS which should give approx. 800mA max so 500mA with safety margin. My current situation is that I start out fine but my audio just stops after 2-3 tracks everything else continues. Heatsinks are hot on V1 Reflecktor compared to V2 Reflektor. I plan to measure temp when I find my probe and am going to try a fan. Question if this audio cut out is related to degraded Reflektor function as heat exceeds it's parameters?

best regards,
Steve

Hi Tibi,
V1 5.06, V2 5.08 both Reflektor-D. I was able to further observe this, when audio stops I can select different later track and press play but play light just flashes on and off and does not start playing. It seems like TOC[door], stop and pause are fine but track forward/back and play are delayed, intermittent, or out at this point. Does L4 need to be in place for this loop to function correctly? I see that I don't need the connection to L2 but it appears to be in cd door[J3] Q2, LA6541 11-12 regulator/reset loop. Could you clarify please. Thanks!

best regards,
Steve

Some time ago I promised that freecad source Quantum files will be available to diyaudio users.

Anyone interested to build his own Quantum CD transport please leave his mail @ tiberiu_vicol [at] hotmail dot com and I'll share entire source files.

For thos interested to buy one I still have two Quantum CDT available for sale. :D

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20160220_022_-_170968491841552392.jpg
    20160220_022_-_170968491841552392.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 563
  • Quantum_BACK_rev1.png
    Quantum_BACK_rev1.png
    91 KB · Views: 584
  • Quantum_RIGHT_rev1.png
    Quantum_RIGHT_rev1.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 558
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tibi and all.
I have Quantum CDT # 004.I love it. Sounds great. But I do have a problem with it. It will not read all CD's. My brother ripped two CD's for me that were unavailable any other way. Quantum would not read them.It also is selective with red book CD's. Most play fine. But a few, it will not read. Very frustrating, ordering a CD, wait for it to get to you, and then it won't play. It's not a real big deal. I've only have 5 or 6 CD's that won't play on it, so far. They play fine on my car CDP, just the sound quality is not up to par. Otherwise the Quantem sounds fantastic. Now I'm trying to save for a better DAC. That's the weak ling in my system. It's not bad, just the rest of my system is better. But the Quantum makes up for any shortfalls with quality of sound. Maybe sensitivity is set a little to low?

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Not sure how it is implemented in Quantum but I suggest you check the capacitor added to the trimpot on the laser unit. I was having similar issues to what you describe and I found that there was a problem with how I soldered this mod - once it was corrected I have had no problems with any of the cds that I previously had problems with, both new and Cdr copies.

Hello Tibi and all.
I have Quantum CDT # 004.I love it. Sounds great. But I do have a problem with it. It will not read all CD's. My brother ripped two CD's for me that were unavailable any other way. Quantum would not read them.It also is selective with red book CD's. Most play fine. But a few, it will not read. Very frustrating, ordering a CD, wait for it to get to you, and then it won't play. It's not a real big deal. I've only have 5 or 6 CD's that won't play on it, so far. They play fine on my car CDP, just the sound quality is not up to par. Otherwise the Quantem sounds fantastic. Now I'm trying to save for a better DAC. That's the weak ling in my system. It's not bad, just the rest of my system is better. But the Quantum makes up for any shortfalls with quality of sound. Maybe sensitivity is set a little to low?