Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

Some feedback from mine Shiga clone

The enclosure I build my self of birch plywood and a Formica front plate.

The birchplywood I used for the plint of the thorens td124. After that I made a hypex class D amplifier. It was nice to have the same style enclosure for that. I had the materials at home.

After that I also made my Tube Amplifier this way.

Now I made the shiga clone the same way. To use wood is also inspired on use of natural material and the dutch forum where I am. There is a lot of experiments by replacing plastic by cotton insulation threat electronics with bees wax and so on.
Also you create al kind of unnecessary parasitic capacitor paths with metal enclosure and cables in it.

SOUND SAMPLE YOUTUBE

The microphone of the camera does not record the subbas so the sound in the film is bright in my living room it sounds warmer.

The shiga clone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdvU_Ia1hdE&list=UUrFgSuaSQV5_rAchzA4BF2g

The shiga clone playing bossa nova Astrud Gilberto and Stan.Getz. On KT66 parallel single ended amplifier with C-core OPT. Build in 24bit DA converter. PMC dac.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFhu4XpW-NA&feature=youtu.be

The shiga clone compared to LP using TD124 With DL103. And than the amplifier class-D Hypex UCD180 with build in 24bit dac PCM chip and is DC coupled to the end stage. Stepped volume control.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-pU2FEj10

The projects links are below in my signature.. ALL DIY :up:

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this mechanism? Is it better than the original?

Attachments

• sanyo.jpg
    sanyo.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 375
Last edited by a moderator:
Picture of my shigaclone.

Hi Everyone,

thought I'd post a pic of my Shigaclone. I put the the PSU in the bottom box and have upgraded it so that there are four individual regulators that connect via an amphenol 62GB mil spec multipole connector to the main transport. Overkill, but I needed to fill that bottom box up. The box that houses the transport has a 1 inch copper bottom for a bit of ballast.

Just need to polish the front panels and fit an on/off switch.

It sounds wonderful.

Attachments

• 20141229_223959.jpg
    20141229_223959.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 427
Dear Tibi,
Finally a status report from my side. I am using the holiday time to work on the Shiga kit. I am progressing well! Maybe you could help me with a few little issues:
A. I do believe i am missing a few parts, i checked many times, but they are not there.
ADP151
1uF keramic 1206 smd (2 pieces)
IR transmit diode in the remote control
The schematics of the remote control.
I would appreciate if you send these to me.
Thanks all of you for sharing the building info, it helps a lot in getting everything together.
Best regards and i wish all of you a happy 2015,

Paul

Dear Tibi,
Finally a status report from my side. I am using the holiday time to work on the Shiga kit. I am progressing well! Maybe you could help me with a few little issues:
A. I do believe i am missing a few parts, i checked many times, but they are not there.
ADP151
1uF keramic 1206 smd (2 pieces)
IR transmit diode in the remote control
The schematics of the remote control.
I would appreciate if you send these to me.
Thanks all of you for sharing the building info, it helps a lot in getting everything together.
Best regards and i wish all of you a happy 2015,

Paul

Hi Paul,

ADp151 and 1uF caps are part of optional parts. In fact I do not use this in standard or high-grade.
Double check for IR, must be there.
IR schematic is on my website. vicol audio : Shigaclone mkII CD transport

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator: