Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2018, 02:52 PM   #1861
sthcoaster is offline sthcoaster  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

TIC37

Parts Connexion seem to regularly have Duelund at 60% off which makes them more achievable. I’ve read on this thread one builder who after installing Duelund with Tent Clock found that they could not discern any further improvement going to NeutronStar clock. So if you can stretch to one or the other that would be something to think about.

Also if you do not already have one of the metal pucks .. I have used both - but would totally recommend going for the brass as it is like a magic trick - in my system the leap in sound quality going from alu to brass was equivalent in magnitude as adding a better clock.
Old 27th October 2018, 03:01 AM   #1862
comickitkit is offline comickitkit  Macao
diyAudio Member

Hi Tibi,
I lost out a bit.
Can you tell what is the voltage and current be used on V1 if I want to change the separate power input for V1. and by your previous experience, what is the benefit of this change?
Old 27th October 2018, 07:52 AM   #1863
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member

Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread
Hi,

V1=V2=V3=V4=5V
V1 is part or LA9242 radio processing section. The power supply for this must be very low noise.
V1 also will provide laser ccs and will affect PIN detector reference voltage. V1 will spike 150mA and a 300mA-500mA fast recovery power supply will be the best here.
I use as reference a dam1021 Soekris dac. Using Zeno for V1 add deepness and extended harmonics.

Regards,
Tibi
Old 27th October 2018, 03:02 PM   #1864
tubo is offline tubo  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hi Tibi,

When will the zeno ps be available? Also i want to buy the brass puck, please Point me where i can send payment.

Thank you
Old 27th October 2018, 07:45 PM   #1865
Robert Poublon is offline Robert Poublon  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hello Tibi,

Is Zeno to use as a replacement for a modded Shiga PSU?

Regards,
Robert
Old 28th October 2018, 08:05 AM   #1866
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member

Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread
Hi,

Zeno will be available during November. It was designed to be small, compact and better than a modded Shiga PSU, but foot-print is with 5mm bigger.

Regards,
Tibi
Old 28th October 2018, 02:36 PM   #1867
comickitkit is offline comickitkit  Macao
diyAudio Member

HI Tvicol,
Thanks for your explanation and Zeno seems very attractive
Old 29th October 2018, 09:30 AM   #1868
Jp2017 is offline Jp2017  Finland
diyAudio Member

I haven't posted any info or pics of my Shiga MKII, thought I would start by posting some basic information, as I promised Tibi I would. I have had two Shiga MKII's and one MK1, the current one I am keeping. Big thank you for Tibi, for always answering my questions and never getting frustrated with me.

My Shiga has Duelund RS 0,047uF C8 Blackgate N 100uF C43, Sanyo Oscon C10 LT1086 regulator and silver mica bypass for the last regulator capacitor, Nude Z-foils for output attenuator. Lately I installed Miniregs for V4 and V3, LT3045 reg for V2 and I have a Salas Ref-d mini ready for V1. Reflektor-D Has it's own 40VA EI-transformer. The main 8V supply has 108VA EI-transformer.

I have both, the aluminim and bronze puck. The aluminum one has not been used much recently, as the bonze puck made such a huge improvement that I will stick to that.

The main plate which the mechanism is mounted on, is about 16mm stainless steel, Cnc machined, weighs about 20kg. Mechanism is attached using bronze spacers, copper washers and brass nuts. the stainless steel plate rests on Paulstradyn absorbers, those made a big change for better and thanks for the paulstras, the transport is not sensitive to even heavy vibrations. Recently I found a nice pulley with a bracket and I built a anti-skate system, like the one Erik Van Voorst uses.

There is still a lot of work to do, finishing the enclosure, trying a few different regulators for 8V supply and making changes to the wiring etc. will post pictures once I get some more work done. I must say this is already the best transport I have heard and I will keep this and I don't have to think about other transports ever.
Old 30th October 2018, 09:04 AM   #1869
sthcoaster is offline sthcoaster  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIC37 View Post
Yes there is more you can do to the Shiga but then we talk about Duelund cap and external clock and that I feel is way to heavy for my wallet,
Parts connexion 75% off at the moment
Old 30th October 2018, 09:56 AM   #1870
TIC37 is offline TIC37  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthcoaster View Post

I have seen this but sadly I will have to sit this one out cause now I have a commitment as parent to fill since my doughter have choosen to move home. So unfortunately I have to consolidate my economy for two, three weeks to see how big a change that is, economically before taking on further investments in my hobby.
We have a saying in Sweden and I think it apply in other countries as well; "when food is falling from heaven, the poor people lacks a spoon to eat with"

Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders ThreadHide this!Advertise here!