Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread
Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd September 2018, 04:14 PM   #1851
sigurd is offline sigurd  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hi all,
My mods for the standard Black MKII :
C12 470 F Elna Silmic II
C43 220 F Elna Silmic II

V1 and V2 LM1086 - 5 volt + 100F output pins ( elna ) remove L2 and L4 (not L3 )
( ebay Littlediode )

output : series 0,33 F Black Gate NX and a good quality resistor ( 2 watt ) for R48
because input of DAC is a coil ( audio note )

This little modifications give a ( very ) big difference.

( little problem with the alu puck: must have more weight )

This CD transport sounds incredible good !!!! Stunning ! !!
Old 4th September 2018, 05:32 AM   #1852
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member

Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread
Thank you very much for your feedback, gentleman's !

Regards,
Tibi
Old 5th September 2018, 12:57 AM   #1853
TIC37 is offline TIC37  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default T-pad?

I have implemented all the tweaks mentioned in this thread except for the T-pad and I would very much like to try this also.
Though, I am not an electrical engineer but more of a monkey with a soldering iron so I need some help here.
I have understood that it should be doable with little effort but I need a guide! Anyone here who can describe the actions to take and requirements needed (is BNC cable mandatory for example)??
Old 8th September 2018, 04:12 PM   #1854
diyAudio Member

Default Dimkastas PSU

Building Dimkastas recommended PSU with LM117 or LM317 and I have a question.

I use this PSU instead of the original from Tibi and when I built it from the original schematic it was no problem getting it right on 8.15 Volt.
Dimkasta also tried the same approach feeding V1 and V2 which I want to copy. Instead of 3 green LED and a diode he surgested two green LED only for 5 Volt.

I come in at 5.266 Volt which is just a tad too high and I want to lower the voltage by at least 0.15 Volt. How to do this? I have green and red leds at home so if I get it right I should go for one green and one red LED instead if I have understood the schematics correctly, can anyone verify my thought?
Old 8th September 2018, 04:15 PM   #1855
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkasta View Post
Yesterday I switched to separate V1 and V2, using two LM117 tracking pre-reg + reg combos, like in the schematic I posted a while back. Just using only two red leds for the 5V reference, instead of 3 leds and 2 diodes for the 8V reference.

Click the image to open in full size.

Nominal results are about 100dB of line rejection mostly coming from the tracking pre-reg, and separate load rejection from the second chip.

Cost including a heatsink that acts mostly as a chassis is around 10euros

Excellent results with big improvement in dynamics and microdetails.

This is the Schematics used!
Old 9th September 2018, 09:46 AM   #1856
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIC37 View Post
This is the Schematics used!
And for the sharp eyed persons; you now notice that I am suffering slight disability to differentiate green and red so when I say green in most cases, this included, I mean red!
Old 11th September 2018, 10:46 PM   #1857
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIC37 View Post
I come in at 5.266 Volt which is just a tad too high and I want to lower the voltage by at least 0.15 Volt. How to do this? I have green and red leds at home so if I get it right I should go for one green and one red LED instead if I have understood the schematics correctly, can anyone verify my thought?
To answer my own question, I have now one red and one green LED and now I have 5.07 Volt which is more close to the target. Happy again!

Now it is just the question about T-pad that I would like some help with. Anyone here who would like to explain how to implement the T-pad or is it not possible to do?

Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders ThreadHide this!Advertise here!