Rotel RCD 855 - CDM 4/19 Replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am into replacing the CDM 4/19 transport/laser assembly in a Rotel RCD 855 and have a couple of questions:

1. What is the proper procedure for separating the 14 pin foil connector from the pcb mounted jack (E101)?

2. I've seen reference to setting current to the laser by adjusting the voltage measured between test points to 50 mV. Can anyone comment on the proper procedure to accomplish this? Location of the test points? Which pot to use to do this? There are two pots, one of which (R108) is accessible, to the left of the transport, with the transport mounted on the pcb. The other pot (R129) is near the front of the board but is beneath the transport and is only accessible from underneath with the transport mounted on the board.

Any help would be much appreciated, especially about adjusting the pots. Also, are there other mods or refurbishments recommended while I'm under the hood?

Thanks and Regards,

RC

Hello,

I am into replacing the CDM 4/19 transport/laser assembly in a Rotel RCD 855 and have a couple of questions:

1. What is the proper procedure for separating the 14 pin foil connector from the pcb mounted jack (E101)?

2. I've seen reference to setting current to the laser by adjusting the voltage measured between test points to 50 mV. Can anyone comment on the proper procedure to accomplish this? Location of the test points? Which pot to use to do this? There are two pots, one of which (R108) is accessible, to the left of the transport, with the transport mounted on the pcb. The other pot (R129) is near the front of the board but is beneath the transport and is only accessible from underneath with the transport mounted on the board.

Any help would be much appreciated, especially about adjusting the pots. Also, are there other mods or refurbishments recommended while I'm under the hood?

Thanks and Regards,

RC

Hi
According my srv/man. R129 (22K) foc. R108 (6K8) Laser supply..
And have fun...
regards
Cici-Ivo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.