Sony HAP-Z1ES Hi-Res source (new 2014) ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Confirmed - it's not necessary to enable SMB1.0/CIFs and I've turned it off.

It is necessary to install the latest Sony Transfer software, but once installed if you map the HAP to network drive or Quick Access it is not necessary to use the software to manage transfers. I will just ignore the software.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
And again new software 18777R. Still the virus-like Spotify takes control over the box by the last person that accessed it. That is over the web!

I was stupified people like this "feature". Anyone that has controlled the HAP device when having access on your local wireless network does have control when leaving the wireless zone regardless where they are. In the case of the HAP-S1 this also means to possibility to set volume to maximum and thus causing damage. Remote control by Spotify can not be overruled by the app or the infrared remote control or even the knobs. It can only be overruled by quickly taking control by means of Spotify yourself.

Meanwhile I had a large discussion with Sony support people but they at first did not undertand what I meant. I politely asked for a "Spotify enable/disable" button (or the possibility to deny/delete users) but did was not realised in firmware 18777R.

These devices offer many advantages and sound excellent but I would recommend to connect them by ethernet instead of wireless.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have made a number of needle drops using an M-Audio 2496 and more recently my RTX-6001 as the ADC.

Currently I use a DAW called Reaper which is extremely user unfriendly but can record in any resolution my hardware supports. I create flac files, name them and upload to the HAP over wifi.

Audacity works great if you don't mind 44K/16 bit sample rate and no ASIO support. You can recompile with ASIO support, but you cannot share the result with anyone due to license problems on both sides. (By the same token you can't get it from others) This is why I ended up with Reaper which is not free or easy to use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.