Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Philips CDD882
Philips CDD882
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th December 2013, 09:21 PM   #1
wheijke is offline wheijke  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Philips CDD882

Picked up a Philips CDD882 for 5 euro.
It did not read 95% of cd's entered. The drawer does not come out without help. Display has some faded lines and the lamps are out...

I ran the service menu to find basics seem fine.
While reading here I found that the infamous '33uF' laser decoupling cap could be giving me trouble also.

Today I took out the servo board and replaced the two tda5708 decoupling caps and the 33uF cap by 47uF/16v Oscon's. Also replaced the 2 220uF decoupling caps by 270uF/16v Oscon's.

Now it reads any cd, at least I have to find one it can't read

Belt + Lamps are on their way.. Have to look what can be done about the display.
Old 3rd January 2014, 05:56 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Drawer issue fixed with a new belt. The original was egg-shaped and bigger then the new one, huge difference (working drawer!).
Old 15th January 2014, 07:22 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The lights, it has 3, 2 were out.
One German seller on eBay sells 'CD 880 / 960' lights, well they appeared to be wrong and what I think CD960 lights since they almost gave no light in the 882.
The CD880/CDD882 needs 5v 60mA bulps, actually miniature lights with leads or wire. i sourced these (since there is confusion around) and 6v 70mA to try and both work fine.

Next the display, it seems to have some light and darker horizontal lines..
Old 15th January 2014, 09:11 PM   #4
esgigt is offline esgigt  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Lots of success with the CDD882.

And 5 Euro is a real steal for such a nice player!

I own a CD880 (now for over 20 years) and it's still great!! Also had to change the belt (dried and broken).. still have to change some of the defective bulbs (indeed they are 6Volts).

I also have to modify the DAC. Does the CDD882 have an onboard DAC or is it like the CD882: only digital-out?

Regards,
Edwin

Philips CDD882Hide this!Advertise here!