DAC AK4399 + XMOS on Ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have. It's a good buy. Far better then a modified titanium hd i had before. It's very natural, transparent with good lower range. Sounds "analogue". No jitter i my ears. Actually never heard any better dac under 500 us dollar. Use with opa228, much better then supplied 49710na in my ears, especially midrange openess..

I have. It's a good buy. Far better then a modified titanium hd i had before. It's very natural, transparent with good lower range. Sounds "analogue". No jitter i my ears. Actually never heard any better dac under 500 us dollar. Use with opa228, much better then supplied 49710na in my ears, especially midrange openess..

I've been concidering the Valab NOS 1543 because I think the supposed "analog" sound would be a good match with my SET EL34 tube amp and single driver speakers.

Max, can you compair a TDA1543 DAC or similar to this DAC? I want to replace my HiFime Sabre and am overwhelmed with choice.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Thanks, Mack

No, sorry. I don't know anyone who own that dac but what i've heard that ak4399 is the newest analogue sounding dac they've heard. Many saying also that es9018 is more detailed but if you prefer to listen to something more musical and "varm/tubey the ak4399 is the way to go. You could ask valab, they also sell ak4399 with xmos i have. I dont feel any need to change especially after the mod with filmcaps around dac/op amps.

The latest Xmos software is from DIYinHK, version 1.67.

If you only want 2 channel stereo output then there's a newer v2.15 driver available. DIYINHK DXIO Stereo USB Audio Driver v2.15 - DIYINHK
But that's only a windows driver. I've got an xmos based DAC and didn't have any issues with using it with raspyfi and communitysqueeze , both of which are based on Fedora so I would imagine other xmos based DACs will work with other linux based offerings too

Dear all, I downloaded different kind of XMOS driver for Win 7 Prem 64 for my Dual AK4399 DAC. Which included from DIYHKDXIO Stereo USB audio driver V.2.15, finally installed but found doesn't work shown Code 10 in Device manager.
Any advise what I can do to fixt it! thanks a lot

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.